Parish Council Transparency Code
The Local Government Transparency Code 2015 (the Code) came into effect on 1 April 2015. The Code is issued by the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government. It replaces any previous codes issued in relation to authorities in England under those powers.
The Code does not replace or supersede the existing legal framework for access to and re-use of public sector information provided by the :
• Freedom of Information Act 2000 (as amended by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012)
• Environmental Information Regulations 2004
• Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2005
• Infrastructure for Spatial Information in the European Community Regulations 2009 and
• Sections 25 and 26 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 which provides rights for persons to inspect a local authority's accounting records and supporting documentation, and to make copies of them.
The Code requires local authorities in England to publish the following information quarterly:
Additionally, local authorities are required to publish the following information annually:
• local authority land
• social housing assets
• grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations
• organisational chart
• trade union facility time
• parking account
• parking spaces
• senior salaries
• pay multiple
Fairlight Parish Council complies with, or exceeds the requirements of the code by publishing the information on this website. Hard copies are available on request from the Parish Council.
NB please note some of the annual information is currently not applicable such as parking account but may apply in the future.