Harold Road Surgery
Seasonal Flu Vaccination Winter 2022 to 2023
It is time to book for your flu vaccination, we strongly recommend that those who are eligible for flu vaccine book theirs. Clearly we are very concerned regarding the potential for our patients to potentially catch COVID-19 at the same time as flu. We had hoped to offer these to our patients at the same time as their flu vaccine however due to unforeseen supply issues with the COVID-19 vaccination locally to GP surgeries this has not been possible. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.
However, those eligible for COVID-19 Booster vaccines can book theirs at the National vaccination centres held at Hastings Town Hall or participating pharmacies by calling 119 or booking online via the NHS booking centre.
Those eligible for the flu vaccination (see the link for information on who is eligible) will receive text message on how to book or will have receive letter from Surgery on how to book their flu vaccine.
You can also book you flu vaccine by calling the surgery on 01424 720878 between 11am-12noon and 3pm-4pm – Has this been agreed with reception?
We will be starting to provide flu vaccination clinics on:
Every Friday in October at PETT Village Hall 9am to 4.50pm
Every Saturday in October at Harold Road Surgery 9am to 2pm
We are also holding walk-in for flu vaccination on Saturday 15th of October from 1.30pm to 4pm at Harold Road surgery – I thought this was just for elderly patients who cannot use tech? to be invited by letter rather than everyone??
Please remember our flu appointments will follow COVID-19 infection control guidance for NHS settings:
· Appointments will be timed to ensure social distancing – please arrive on time and not early to your appointment
· Please wear a face covering to your appointment
· You can not have your flu vaccination if you have had COVID-19 symptoms in the 14 days prior to your appointment which include:-
— a high temperature
— a new, continuous cough
— a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
· Please come alone unless you rely on Carer to accompany you to your appointment
· Please remove any coats/layers you may be wearing once you have walked into the building and are waiting to be called in to clinical room